Legacy Racing League Season 1 was an online league racing series that was competed online through the F1 2016 video game by Codemasters, on the Xbox One console. It ran from September 5th 2016 to March 5th 2017. Drivers competed in teams through twenty-one Grands Prix set in five continents - starting in Australia and concluding in Abu Dhabi - as they competed for the LRL Drivers' and LRL Constructors' Championships.
This season saw twelve drivers compete for the Drivers' Championship, with six different teams competing for the Constructors' title.
Apex Melvyn won the first LRL Drivers' Championship after finishing 3rd in the United States Grand Prix on February 12th; Round 18. With a then record of six wins in a single season, as well as eight other podiums, Apex finished the season 101 points ahead of trapter1, with Scorch6200 finishing in third a further 18 points behind.
In the Constructors' Championship, Williams claimed the title at the penultimate race, finishing with a 85 point lead ahead of McLaren, with Red Bull in third a further 111 points behind.
Teams & Drivers Edit
The following teams and drivers took place in Season 1:
|Team||Engine||Driver #1||Driver #2|
Team Selection Edit
With this being the first season, team selection was determined by a random number drawing. Mediated by then coordinator Foley589, team seats were randomly assigned to digits 1 through 10. Drivers were then asked to select one of these numbers in order of sign up; they were then given a team and a driver seat based on their selection. At the time of the original team selection, there were only 5 teams available (Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Red Bull, Williams).
Mid-Season Changes Edit
- After mokang's original teammate was unable to attend races due to timezone differences, DarkMagicGundam (then known as Crim Miata) joined the league as his teammate at Mercedes, starting at the Russian Grand Prix.
- Lyracrish joined the league at the Austrian Grand Prix, being placed in the previously AI-driven Force India. He would later be joined by Jpoole28, who joined the league for the Singapore Grand Prix.
- The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was open to non-league drivers to race in, as both championships had been decided by that point. This was also the first LRL race to not feature AI drivers.
Season Calendar Edit
The following twenty-one Grands Prix took place in Season 1:
|1||Australian Grand Prix||Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne||5 September|
|2||Bahrain Grand Prix||Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir||5 September|
|3||Chinese Grand Prix||Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai||11 September|
|4||Russian Grand Prix||Sochi Autodrom, Sochi||18 September|
|5||Spanish Grand Prix||Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Barcelona||25 September|
|6||Monaco Grand Prix||Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo||2 October|
|7||Canadian Grand Prix||Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal||9 October|
|8||Azerbaijan Grand Prix||Baku City Circuit, Baku||16 October|
|9||Austrian Grand Prix||Red Bull Ring, Spielberg||30 October|
|10||British Grand Prix||Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone||6 November|
|11||Hungarian Grand Prix||Hungaroring, Budapest||20 November|
|12||German Grand Prix||Hockenheimring, Hockenheim||27 November|
|13||Belgian Grand Prix||Circuit Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot||4 Decemeber|
|14||Italian Grand Prix||Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza||15 January|
|15||Singapore Grand Prix||Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore||22 January|
|16||Malaysia Grand Prix||Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur||29 January|
|17||Japanese Grand Prix||Suzuka International Racing Course, Suzuka||5 February|
|18||United States Grand Prix||Circuit of the Americas, Austin||12 February|
|19||Mexican Grand Prix||Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Mexico City||19 February|
|20||Brazilian Grand Prix||Autódromo José Carlos Pace, Sao Paulo||26 February|
|21||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi||5 March|
Results and Standings Edit
Grands Prix Edit
|RD||Grand Prix||Pole Position||Fastest Lap||Winning Driver||Winning Constructor|
|1||Australian GP||trapter1||Apex Melvyn||trapter1||McLaren|
|3||Chinese GP||trapter1||trapter1||Apex Melvyn||Williams|
|4||Russian GP||Insane Moskito||xTheFluffyLlama||Scorch6200||Red Bull|
|5||Spanish GP||trapter1||Insane Moskito||mokang||Mercedes|
|7||Canadian GP||trapter1||trapter1||Apex Melvyn||Williams|
|9||Austrian GP||trapter1||Apex Melvyn||Apex Melvyn||Williams|
|10||British GP||trapter1||trapter1||Apex Melvyn||Williams|
|11||Hungarian GP||trapter1||Apex Melvyn||trapter1||McLaren|
|12||German GP||Apex Melvyn||FlyingFinn866||FlyingFinn866||Williams|
|13||Belgian GP||Apex Melvyn||trapter1||Apex Melvyn||Williams|
|14||Italian GP||trapter1||trapter1||Insane Moskito||Ferrari|
|15||Singapore GP||Insane Moskito||Insane Moskito||Insane Moskito||Ferrari|
|16||Malaysia GP||Insane Moskito||Apex Melvyn||Insane Moskito||Ferrari|
|17||Japanese GP||Apex Melvyn||Scorch6200||Apex Melvyn||Williams|
|18||United States GP||trapter1||trapter1||trapter1||McLaren|
|19||Mexican GP||Jpoole28||Lyracrish||Lyracrish||Force India|
|20||Brazilian GP||trapter1||Lyracrish||Lyracrish||Force India|
|21||Abu Dhabi GP||TOR PePsii**||TOR PePsii**||TOR PePsii**||Toro Rosso**|
*AI driver. Points did not count
**Guest driver. Points did not count
LRL Drivers' Championship Standings Edit
Points were awarded to the top ten classified finishers using the following structure:
In the event of a tie, a count-back system is used as a tie-breaker, with a driver's best result used to decide the standings.
LRL Constructors' Championship Standings Edit
- The first six races were won by different drivers; trapter1, an AI car, Apex Melvyn, Scorch6200, mokang, IAmDavidHobbs. Apex Melvyn would be the first driver to win two LRL races when he won the Canadian Grand Prix.
- Apex Melvyn would also become the first driver to win two consecutive races; Austria and Britain. This would be repeated by Insane Moskito (Italy, Singapore) and Lyracrish (Mexico, Brazil).
- Insane Moskito would be the first LRL driver to win three races in a row: Italy, Singapore and Malaysia.
- Every team in this season would win at least one race.
- Season 1 is thus far the only season to feature AI drivers. This was done in order to compensate for the reduced number of players relative to the available slots (10 players to 22 seats). The first LRL race without AI cars was the Season 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- An AI would even win a round, the Bahrain Grand Prix, due to dubious circumstances. As the AI were not included in either championship standings, its points did not count. The AI was Lewis Hamilton, in the Mercedes.
- On three occasions this season the eventual top three in the championship shared the podium together. These instances were:
- China (Apex Melvyn, trapter1, Scorch6200)
- Austria (Apex Melvyn, Scorch6200, trapter1)
- Britain (Apex Melvyn, trapter1, Scorch6200)
- This season features the only time the league was held on a Monday, which was also the only time two league races were held on the same day: Australia and Bahrain. This was due to a lack of organisation prior to launching the season, although despite this both races had reasonable attendance.
- This also means that this was the only time three LRL races took place in one week, as Round 3 took place on the Sunday, just 6 days later.